With new regulations limiting the ESL industry in China, more and more companies are looking for teachers from other countries to fill positions remotely. If you’re interested in finding a job teaching English as a second language online, this guide will provide you with options of online ESL companies not based in China.
With the new Chinese regulations on online tutoring, many online teachers have been left scrambling to find new online jobs. At the moment, it’s pretty risky to apply to another China-based company, so what are the alternatives? I’m going to give you a list of some online ESL companies not based in China. Some of the companies offer courses in more than just English, so there’s potential to teach multiple subjects if you have the qualifications.
Not all Chinese Companies were taken out by the new changes. VIPKID is still in operation and has set up a global platform with students from around the world.
Online ESL Companies and brief requirements descriptions
I know a lot of teachers are in a scramble to find new positions, so I’m just going to give some brief descriptions. The companies’ websites will provide any other information you need.
1. No certification or teaching experience required, teach various subjects, set your own prices Preply
2. No degree, certifications, or experience required Cambly
3. No formal teaching credentials needed, teach various subjects, create your own lessons, set your own prices Outschool
4. Professional teachers and community tutors, set your own prices italki
5. Degree or ESL Certification, teach various subjects Latinhire
6. Degree and ESL certification required Skylearn-Skytod
7. Currently not taking applications Verbling
8. Native English speakers, Degree or equivalent experience, ESL certification advantageous Live English
9. Submit the teacher inquiry form to be contacted by a recruiter English4.today
10. No specific requirements, teach any language Justlearn
11. Ability to speak English at an intermediate level Native Camp
12. See individual job postings for requirements The Really Great English Teacher Company
13. US Citizen, BA in any subject or substitute teaching certification or four years of experience Englishunt
14. Must have a bachelor’s degree in related field, or government issued teaching license, or specialized instructor qualification Skooli
If you found this list of online ESL companies not based in China helpful or you applied and got the job, let me know in the comments or send me a message.